Situated on the seventh floor of 301 East Colorado Boulevard with a spectacular view of the Pasadena City Hall rotunda and the San Gabriel mountains, our offices at Palermo, Barbaro, Chinen & Pitzer, LLP offer a broad range of expertise in estate planning, probate and trust administration, probate and trust litigation, conservatorships, guardianships, estate and gift taxation, family law, civil litigation, business and real estate. We pride ourselves on personal service and attention to our clients. We believe that our clients’ best interests are served by assessing each individual situation and finding cost effective solutions. Our clients benefit from the shared expertise of all of the attorneys in our firm as we continue to uphold a long tradition of quality legal service and community involvement.
The law offices of Palermo, Barbaro, Chinen & Pitzer, LLP have a heritage that reaches back to 1891. For more than a century, the attorneys and the predecessors comprising the firm have led the way in local organizations, including the founding of the Pasadena Bar Association, while maintaining a time-proven reputation for integrity and discernment.
The firm name has changed from time to time to reflect the names of its active practicing partners, including Merriam, Rinehart & Merriam; Rinehart, Merriam, Parker & Berg; Parker, Berg, Lord & Soldwedel; and Parker, Berg, Soldwedel, Palermo & Kincaid. The firm’s reputation for quality legal service, however, has remained constant.
Judge J. H. Merriam opened the original office at 42 East Colorado Boulevard. His son, Ralph T. Merriam, and colleague, Jay D. Rinehart, joined him in 1917 to form Merriam, Rinehart & Merriam. J.H. Merriam was an active, respected political and civic leader who served as Justice of the Peace for Pasadena Township and helped organize the original Pasadena Bar Association. Both Merriams practiced for more than forty years with the firm, setting high standards for community activity and legal work.
During the Merriam era, Harvey M. Parker and J. Harold Berg joined the firm and practiced for over sixty and fifty years, respectively. Former partner, Fred W. Soldwedel, practiced with the firm for 35 years. Other past partners of the firm include Otho G. Lord (retired probate commissioner) and Ronald D. Kincaid.
Today, from their offices on the seventh floor at 301 East Colorado Boulevard, the current attorneys at Palermo, Barbaro, Chinen & Pitzer, LLP, with more than 125 years of combined legal experience, continue the legacy of their former partners by practicing with integrity and personal attention to their clients.